Additionally, here are a list of humorous items I've come across on the Internets over the years. I claim no authorship here. In as many cases as possible I provide a link to the original source.
On site stuff:
- They Who Shall Not be Named - A wireless cell phone store located in a metropolitan setting, with customers milling around, sales staff engaged in various activities. In walks a Mild-Mannered Enterprise Architect seeking information on upgrading his phone.
- You Want My What? - The return of the Mild Mannered Enterprise Architect. A mostly true story of how I avoided identify theft and communicated my displeasure at a horrid process.
- How to Build Unmaintainable Systems - An architects take on the classic How to Write Unmaintainable Code.
- Beware Architecture Ghosts that go BOO - Architecture ghosts can be created out of two insidious verbal incantations that include the demonic phrases of “there’s not enough time” and its evil corollary “that will never happen.”
- Changing a Reservation - Another in the Mild Mannered Enterprise Architect series. Sometimes an architect has to change their approach when working with others to build a consensus.
- What I Think I Do - My take on an Internet meme.
Off site stuff:
- The Story of Mel, a Real Programmer
- Programming Quotes and Other Life's Truths
- Little Bobby Tables
- WTFs / Minute: The only valid test of code quality
- Anything from this website: WTF
- How a Web Site Design Goes Straight to Hell
- Why it's Better to Pretend You Don't Know Anything About Computers